Associate Employment Law (Brussels / Hasselt / Antwerp)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. Through a multidisciplinary and creative approach K law aims to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives, allowing them to seize opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have a deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across employment law, corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with key stakeholders.
Due to our rapid expansion, K law is looking for an Associate in Employment Law to join the team in Brussels – Hasselt - Antwerp.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Associate in Employment Law:
- You will be involved in a wide range of projects and will have the opportunity to develop technical knowledge in a broad domain of expertise.
- You will advise companies and individuals on all types of employment contracts and matters, such as: restructuring and collective bargaining, international employment mobility, intra group mobility/sourcing of employees, employment contracts, work rules and codes of conduct, drafting policies on remuneration and other HR aspects, advice on working time and due compensation, advice on non-compete clauses and IP related matters in an HR context, advice regarding wellbeing at the work place, privacy regulations, etc.
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
- You will regularly work in close collaboration with the corporate team to deliver a “one-stop-shop” service and advice on corporate employment matters.
- In the above mentioned fields of expertise, you will help clients from start to finish through any litigation or dispute resolution they may face.
Skills & Qualification
- You have a master’s degree in law. An additional degree in social law is a plus.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in employment law
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (French is a plus).
- You are a real team player with a healthy business attitude and positive vibes
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org