Junior Associate Civil & Liability Law (Hasselt)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. Through a multidisciplinary and creative approach K law aims to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives, allowing them to seize opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have a deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across employment law, corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with key stakeholders.
Due to our rapid expansion, K law is looking for a Junior Associate in Civil and Liability Law to join the team in Hasselt.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Junior Associate in Civil and Liability Law:
- You will be involved in a wide range of projects and will have the opportunity to develop technical knowledge in broad domain of expertise.
- You will advise companies and individuals on all types of civil and commercial contracts, including construction law, estate, usufruct, ownership, building, ground lease and other civil and commercial matters.
- You will assist companies and individuals in the area of liability and insurance, including handling of damage claims in specific areas such as civil and commercial liability.
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
- In the above mentioned fields of expertise, you will help clients from start to finish trough any litigation or dispute resolution they may face.
Skills & Qualification
- You have a master’s degree in law. An additional degree is a plus.
- A first experience in civil, commercial and/or liability law is an asset.
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (French is a plus).
- You are a real team player.
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com