Junior Associate Commercial / IP Law (Hasselt)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. Through a multidisciplinary and creative approach K law aims to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives, allowing them to seize opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have a deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across employment law, corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with key stakeholders.
Due to our rapid expansion, K law is looking for a Junior Associate in Corporate Law to join the team in Hasselt.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Junior Associate in Commercial/IP Law:
- You will advise national and international clients in a broad range of commercial law and IP.
- You will be part of a strong team of more than 65 lawyers.
- You will advise companies on all types of commercial and business contracts, trade practices, Intellectual Property and IT, Privacy and Data Regulation, Economic Law and other business matters.
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
- You help clients from start to finish through any litigation, arbitration or dispute resolutions their business may face.
Skills & Qualifications
- You have a master's degree in law. An additional degree is a plus.
- You have 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a commercial or IP legal department.
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (French is a plus).
- You are a real team player.
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com