(Junior) Paralegal (Brussels)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. The challenge faced by K law is to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives. We deliver a multidisciplinary and creative approach, which enables our clients to take opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law, employment law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we work in multidisciplinary teams as well as collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with stakeholders of all kinds.
Due to our rapid expansion, K law is looking for a (Junior) Paralegal to join the team.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a (Junior) Paralegal, you will become part of a strong team of 50 lawyers and paralegals. In your role, you will support the legal team in its day to day tasks. Your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Preparing, reviewing and managing corporate legal documents on various topics
- Translation of legal documents
- Drafting minutes (shareholders’ resolutions, board minutes,…)
- Legalization of documents
- Performing and follow-up of legal publications
- Drafting of corporate documents regarding modifications within a Belgian company(transfer of registered office, change of name and statutory purpose, appointment and dismissal of directors, appointment statutory auditor, change of articles of association,etc.)
- Assistance with the recurring filing and publication requirements for Belgian branches(e.g. appointment and dismissal of legal representatives or directors, transfer ofregistered office or branch, change of name, etc.)
- (De)Registration with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises
- Assistance with the incorporation of a company or the establishment of a branch officein Belgium
- Assistance with the liquidation of companies and the closing of Belgian branch offices
- Assisting clients with obtaining legalizations and sworn translations of legal documentsof the company for domestic or foreign use
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in business management option paralegal studies.
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a paralegal.
- An advanced spoken and written level of Dutch, French & English.
- A high degree of computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Organized and focused on quality and attention to detail.
- An analytical and service-minded professional.
- You are effective, proactive and creative
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com