Legal Technology Adviser (Brussels)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. Through a multidisciplinary and creative approach K law aims to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives, allowing them to seize opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have a deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across employment law, corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we work in multidisciplinary teams as well as collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with stakeholders of all kinds.
In today’s fastly revolving highly technological world this means that we have to offer to our clients and prospects sound and state of the art legal tech solutions, in which we, both on a national and international level, are investing and will continue to invest a lot of resources.
To support our lawyers and our law firm on a technical level, K law is looking for a Legal Technology Adviser to join our team in Brussels. Will you join our team?
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Legal Technology Adviser:
- You will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our legal technology tools, such as, HighQ and HotDocs
- You will explore and design potential modules in the context of artificial intelligence
- You will be analyzing and determining issues and requirements based on business needs and legislation
- You will digitalize models created by the Professional Support Lawyer and our team of lawyers
- You will provide internal trainings to assist the team of lawyers with existing or new IT-systems
- You are responsible for the modernizing and (further) developing of existing and new IT- and client orientated solutions
- You will have the opportunity to manage legal knowledge, learn new programming skills and build up experience in technology development
- You will liaise with the Lead Legal Services Technology Lawyer from our global legal services on a regular basis to update him/her about current projects or changes
Skills & Qualifications
- You are eager to learn and you have a passion for analyzing and research regarding new technologies, IT-systems and working out solutions
- You revel in co-developing and being part of the creation of legal tech tools that are developed in the framework of our global legal services network and that are at the forefront of the legal digital revolution
- You hold a Law or IT degree or an equivalent qualification
- A first professional experience is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a great interest in law and a first basic programming experience in IT is an asset
- You are analytical, process-minded, result-oriented and you have affinity with legislation
- You can translate
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, French is an asset
- You are able to work independently
- You like having social contacts and working together with your colleagues and being part of a larger tax & legal technology team
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer an ideal alternative for people who prefer working on the practical/knowledge side of K law and have a technical mindset. This job offers flexible working hours, an attractive compensation package and the chance to sculpt your own career. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities to grow in your function.
K law disposes of state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com