Professional Support Lawyer (Brussels)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. Through a multidisciplinary and creative approach K law aims to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives, allowing them to seize opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have a deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across employment law, corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with key stakeholders.
To support our lawyers and help them deliver what we promise to our clients, K law is looking for a Professional Support Lawyer for our office in Brussels. Will you join our team?
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Professional Support Lawyer:
- You will support our corporate, M&A and banking & finance teams and will be responsible for the management and continuous development of the know-how within K law
- You will make sure the acquired know-how is uploaded into our know-how systems and therefore you will work closely together with our Legal Technology Adviser
- You will be responsible for observing and tracking relevant professional literature and jurisprudence
- You will be providing research related to complex issues and manage them in a professional manner
- You will write reports on new legislation and share this know-how via internal trainings for our lawyers
- You will draft and collect model documentation and standard memoranda
- You will prepare and write newsletters and brief clients about updates within K law
Skills & Qualifications
- You have strong communication and writing skills
- You like sharing your know-how with your colleagues
- You are eager to learn and you have a passion for analyzing and researching new legislation
- You have a relentless focus on quality and client centricity
- You have affinity with technology and knowledge sharing IT-systems
- You hold a degree in Law or an equivalent qualification
- A first professional experience in a legal department or law firm is a plus
- You are effective, proactive and creative
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, French is an asset
- You are able to work independently
- You like having social contacts and working together with your colleagues
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer an ideal alternative for people who prefer working on the practical/knowledge side of K law and have a technical mindset. Being a lawyer is not a must. This job offers flexible working hours, an attractive compensation package and the chance to sculpt your own career. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities to grow in your function.
K law disposes of state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org