The Eurometropole is the largest cross-border metropole in Europe with a bi-national and tri-cultural territory, and about 2 million inhabitants. Many of the companies operating in this region are confronted with the need to cross national borders to be able to develop their businesses and expand their markets.
While crossing these borders can provide opportunities, it also raises new challenges. Challenges like the type of establishment, management of real estate investments, employment legislation, taxation, social and labor law issues, public procurement, and more.
K law offers a one-stop shop for cross-border legal and fiscal advice for companies that want to improve the way they do business in this region.
Our bi-lingual K law team can provide the specific support needed to help companies minimize their risks, effectively manage the challenges they face, and make the most of opportunities presented to them in cross-border situations. With broad experience in cross-border, regional issues, our team has excellent knowledge about Belgian and French law. Our team has been recognized for our cross-border legal services.
- Defining cross-border group structure, stakeholder agreements, founder and director responsibilities
- Developing a cross-border corporation, branch, or office: social and tax consequences
- CEO, director, or manager statute and remuneration
- Validation of agreements: analysis, legal due diligence
- Buying real estate across borders
- Administrative and social obligations for employment
- Social obligations/commitments for corporations with foreigner subcontractors or employees working abroad